Peri Peri Chicken Livers
10 mins 20 mins Serves 2
- 5ml Robertsons Portuguese Chicken Spice
- 500g cleaned chicken livers
- 15ml extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 30ml Robertsons Paprika
- 10ml Robertsons Peri Peri
- 10ml Robertsons Garlic Flakes, soaked in boiling water and drained
- 410 chopped tomatoes
- Season livers with Chicken Spice.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and brown livers, leaving them slightly pink inside.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a drop more oil and fry green pepper and onion for 2 minutes.
- Add spices and garlic and fry for a further minute to allow the flavours to develop.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Return livers to pan and cook gently for 1 - 2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve with toast or Portuguese bread rolls.