- 6 chicken fillets, cut into strips or chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 125 ml mango atjar
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 packet brown onion soup powder
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 15 ml Robertsons chicken spice
- 10 ml mild curry spice
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 60 ml chopped, diced red peppers
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 60 ml fresh coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh coriander, spring onion and fragrant yellow rice for serving
Serving Size 4
Amount per serving
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the chicken strips, red pepper and onion in an ovenproof casserole and season with Robertson Chicken Spice.
Mix the mango atjar, yogurt, brown onion soup powder, Robertsons Cumin, Robertsons Turmeric and mild curry spice. Pour over the chicken and lightly mix.
Place the lid on the casserole and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Stir once during the cooking period.
While the chicken is in the oven, start preparing the mango salsa. Mix the mango, red onion, red pepper and coriander. Add the lemon zest a squeeze of lemon juice. Season.
Serve topped with some fresh coriander, spring onion and mango salsa with fragrant yellow rice.