For the Base
- 1125 ml or 4 cups of white bread flour
- 1/16 tsp big pinch of salt
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 5 ml or 1 tsp white sugar
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp olive oil
- 375 ml or 1½ cups of warm water and milk mix
For the Tomato Sauce
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can of chopped tomato and onion mix
For the Toppings
- 250 g of cooked, thin boerewors cut into pieces
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp Robertsons BBQ Spice
- 125 ml or ½ cup of chopped piquanté peppers (peppadew)
- 250 ml or 1 cup of caramelised onions
- 750 ml or 3 cups of mixed grated cheddar and mozzarella
- 30 g rocket for garnish
Serving Size 4
Amount per serving
- Energy 6746
- Protein 267.8g
- Carbohydrate incl. fibre 888.4g
- Carbohydrate excl. fibre 852.2g
- Sugar 18.9g
- Fibre 36.2g
- Fat 226.4g
- Saturated Fat 128.7g
- Unsaturated Fat 76.4g
- Monounsaturated Fat 64.7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 11.7g
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 626mg
- Sodium 5733mg
- Salt 14.33g
- Calcium 430%
- Iron 110%
- Potassium 67%
- Vitamin C 39%
- Vitamin A 127%
Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the center.
Mix the yeast, sugar and oil into the milk mix and leave for a few minutes.
Pour into the well and mix in the flour with clean hands, a little at a time, until it all comes together to form a sticky dough.
Sprinkle a little flour onto the surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes or until it is soft and springy to the touch.
Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until the dough has roughly doubled in size.
Divide into 4 pieces and roll out into circles.
Add the Robertsons Mixed Herbs, tomato paste and canned tomato into a bowl and stir well.
Spoon onto the bases and spread around, leaving a 2cm edge.
Top with the cheese, boerewors, peppadews and onions, sprinkle with Robertsons BBQ Spice and bake in a hot oven or weber until the base is crispy and the cheese has melted.
Serve immediately garnish with fresh rocket.