Butternut and Orange Super-Soup
10 mins 40 mins Serves 4
- 1 butternut, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt, to taste
- Robertsons Black Pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups (325 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut cream
- the zest and juice of 1 orange
- a sprig of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- 10ml Robertsons Pure Maca Powder
- extra coconut cream, to garnish
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- toasted seed bread, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Spread out the butternut, onion, red pepper and garlic cloves in a large roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and roast at 180 °C for 25-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Peel the garlic cloves, then add all the roasted vegetables to a large pot along with the vegetable stock, coconut cream, orange zest and juice, and fresh thyme.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and stir through the Robertsons Pure Maca Powder.
- Blend with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Pour into mugs and top with a drizzle of extra coconut cream and a scattering of parsley.
- Serve hot with toasted, buttered seed bread.