Crispy Cacao Squares
15 mins 15 mins Serves 30
- 60ml Robertsons Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) nut butter of your choice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- 6 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsalted peanuts
- For the topping (optional):
- 1-2 cups (250 ml – 500 ml) smooth nut butter of your choice
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the Robertsons Raw Cacao Powder, nut butter, vanilla extract, salt and honey in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the puffed rice and peanuts and stir until well coated.
- Use a spatula to transfer the coated puffed rice to the prepared baking pan and spread evenly to distribute.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, until set.
- For the topping: pour the softened nut butter over the top of the puffed rice and spread evenly. Set in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes, or until set.
- Slice into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.