- 45 ml cooking oil
- 1 kg chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Robertsons Chicken Spice
- 4 Robertsons bay leaves
- 1 tsp Robertsons thyme
- 4 Robertsons black peppercorns
- 45 ml chutney
- 500 g carrots
- 6 potatoes peeled and sliced
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 500 ml water
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 2 tbsp corn flour mixe to a smooth paste with water
Serving Size 6
Amount per serving
Heat the oil in the pot. Sprinkle the thighs with Robertsons Chicken Spice and fry the chicken, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown.
Add the herbs, spices and chutney.
Arrange the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms in layers on top of the chicken.
Dissolve the stock pot in the water and add it to the potjie.
Replace the lid and simmer for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
Thicken with corn flour before serving if desired.