Individual Mini Mince Cottage Pies
25 mins 25 mins Serves 6
- 10ml oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 30ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 500g lean beef mince
- 15ml Robertsons Mixed Dried Herbs
- 1 egg
- 250ml fresh breadcrumbs
- For the Topping:
- 700g potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt
- Robertsons Paprika
- 30g margarine
- 100g cheddar cheese, mature, grated
- 5ml english mustard
- 5ml baking powder
- 60ml cream, or Milk
- Combine all the ingredients for the mince. Divide into 6 portions and press into a greased muffin tray.
- For the Topping: Meanwhile, boil the potatoes. As soon as they're cooked, drain and mash them in the pot while still steaming hot. Beat in the seasoning, margarine, three quarters of the cheese, the mustard, baking powder and enough cream or milk to give a creamy texture.
- Top each muffin with potato and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Sprinkle with extra Robertsons Paprika just before serving.