Lamb Braai Chops in Curry Marinade
10 mins 20 mins Serves 6
- 2kg lamb chops
- 30ml oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10ml Robertsons Garlic Flakes, rehydrated in boiling water for a few minutes and drained
- 30ml curry powder
- 15ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 15ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 300ml brown vinegar
- 250ml smooth apricot jam
- 4 Robertsons Bay Leaves, torn
- Fry the onions in the oil for about 4 minutes until they are soft and golden but not brown.
- Add the Robertsons Garlic Flakes, Curry Powder, Robertsons Turmeric and Robertsons Steak and Chops Spice fry for another minute.
- Stir in the vinegar and jam and heat until boiling. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the marinade cool down to room temperature. Add the torn bay leaves to the marinade and pour over the meat. Toss to coat and then, cover and marinate for 24 hours. Braai for about 8â€“10 minutes on hot coals.
- Baste during cooking. Left over marinade can be thickened by boiling for 5 -10 minutes until reduced and served as extra basting before serving.