Mince Lasagne with Cherry Tomatoes and Baby Spinach
20 mins 40 mins Serves 6
- 250g green lasagne sheets
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 60g margarine
- 65ml flour
- 500ml milk
- 250ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt, to taste
- FOR THE MINCE:
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 5ml Robertsons Garlic Flakes, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes and drained
- 500g lean beef mince
- 15ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 15ml Robertsons Paprika
- 410g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cherry tomatoes
- 125ml baby spinach leaves, roughly torn
- 125g mozzarella cheese, for topping
- For the Sauce: Melt the margarine and add flour, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat and season. Add 1 cup of cheese and stir until cheese has melted. Cover and set aside for layering.
- For the Mince: Heat the olive oil and fry the onions until translucent. Add the Robertsons Garlic Flakes and then the minced beef, Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice and Robertsons Paprika. Cook until mince is browned then add the tinned tomatoes. Simmer for 5 -10 minutes before stirring in the cherry tomatoes. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the sauce, lasagne sheets, spinach leaves and mince filling in a greased ovenproof dish. (Never overlap the lasagne sheets).
- Continue layering in this order, ending with the cheese sauce. Top with ½ cup grated cheese.
- Set the dish aside and leave to stand for at least 40 minutes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C until golden and heated through. Let stand for a further 10 minutes, keeping warm, before serving.