Mince Pot Pies
20 mins 25 mins Serves 6
- 30ml olive oil
- 750g lean beef mince
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 5ml Robertsons Garlic Flakes, rehydrated in boiling water for a few minutes and drained
- 30ml flour
- 30ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 15ml Robertsons Paprika
- 250ml water
- 250ml frozen peas
- 400g Roll Puff Pastry, just thawed
- 1 Beaten egg to glaze
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add mince, mushroom, carrot and Robertsons Garlic Flakes. Cook for 5 minutes or until mince has browned.
- Stir in flour and Robertsons Spices. Gradually add water, stirring constantly, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in peas. Transfer mixture to 1 cup-capacity ramekin dishes.
- Using a large round cutter, cut out 6 pastry rounds. Top pies with pastry and trim any excess. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
- Place ramekins on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve.