- 250 ml or 1 cup of samp
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 10 ml or 2 tsp Robertsons Origanum
- 10 ml or 2 tsp Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 250 g of sliced brown mushrooms
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup of chopped spring onions
- 500 ml or 2 cups of chicken stock
- 500 ml or 2 cups of shredded spinach
- 250 ml or 1 cup of cream
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 15 g parsley
Serving Size 2
Amount per serving
- Energy 732
- Protein 28.4g
- Carbohydrate incl. fibre 37.3g
- Carbohydrate excl. fibre 22.6g
- Sugar 9.3g
- Fibre 14.8g
- Fat 57.9g
- Saturated Fat 35.6g
- Unsaturated Fat 4.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2g
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 159mg
- Sodium 4499mg
- Salt 11.25g
- Calcium 84%
- Iron 90%
- Potassium 94%
- Vitamin C 259%
- Vitamin A 703%
Soak the samp in water for 2 hours, rinse well and drain.
Place the samp into a pot, cover with water and cook gently for an hour.
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, Robertson’s Steak and Chops Spice and Origanum.
Cook gently over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
Add the mushrooms, spinach and spring onions and cook for a further 5 minutes
Add the cooked samp and mix through to coat.
Add the stock, a ½ a cup at a time, stirring gently for a minute or two, before adding the next cup.
Cook until most of the stock has been absorbed.
Stir through cream and cheese and cook for a further few minutes or until thick and creamy.
Serve immediately with extra cheese and parsley for garnishing.