- 300 g elbow macaroni
- 60 ml 4 tbsp margarine (or butter)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Robertsons Portuguese Spice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cake flour
- 600 ml milk
- 625 ml (2.5 cups) cheddar cheese, grated
- 300 g baby courgettes (baby marrows), sliced
Serving Size 6
Amount per serving
- Energy 872
- Protein 32.1g
- Carbohydrate incl. fibre 31.9g
- Carbohydrate excl. fibre 29.5g
- Sugar 7.2g
- Fibre 2.4g
- Fat 69.5g
- Saturated Fat 27.4g
- Unsaturated Fat 35.8g
- Monounsaturated Fat 25.3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 10.5g
- Trans Fat 5.6g
- Cholesterol 113mg
- Sodium 1283mg
- Salt 3.21g
- Calcium 86%
- Iron 5%
- Potassium 12%
- Vitamin C 25%
- Vitamin A 60%
Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the packet.
Melt the margarine or butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the Robertsons Portuguese Spice and all the flour, and continue cooking, stirring, for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk the milk into the flour mixture. Bring to the boil, whisking to remove lumps, then simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth (about 7 minutes).
Add the cheese and continue stirring for 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of Robertsons Portuguese Spice along with the drained macaroni and baby marrows and stir to combine thoroughly.
Simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes, then serve hot.