- 400 g whole corn kernels, fresh or tinned
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 ml maize meal (pap)
- 125 ml self-raising flour
- 100 ml spring onion, chopped
- 10 ml Robertsons mint
- 5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml amasi
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 60 ml coriander, chopped
- 200 g baby vine tomato
- 10 ml Robertsons Italian herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for frying, plus extra for roasting tomatoes
- guacamole & oven roasted vine tomatoes to serve
Serving Size 4
Amount per serving
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
In a mixing bowl, combine the corn, feta, grated cheese, maize meal, self-raising flour, chopped spring onion, Robertsons Mint and Robertsons Paprika.
Lightly beat together the eggs and amasi. Add this to your dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Rest for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile place your vine tomatoes on a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Robertsons Italian Herbs. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
To make the guacamole, use a fork to smash the avocado until chunky. Season with salt, pepper and chopped coriander.
Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
Use a ladle to drop the fritter mix into the pan. Fry the fritters on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
Drain off any excess oil on paper towel.
Serve fritters with the guacamole and oven roasted vine tomatoes.