For the Pulled Pork
- 1 large deboned pork neck fillet
- 3 tbsp Robertsons Fiery Mexican Rub
- salt to taste
- 30 ml olive oil
- 4 onions thickly sliced
For the Avocado Taco Sauce
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 cup double thick yoghurt
- 2 large handfuls fresh coriander
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Robertsons Fiery Mexican Rub
For the Salsa
- 2 ears corn cooked
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- handful fresh coriander chopped
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 small green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red cabbage thinly sliced
- 8 taco shells
Serving Size 8
Amount per serving
Season the pork neck with Robertsons Fiery Mexican Rub and salt.
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pot or casserole over medium-high heat.
Fry the pork neck for 5 minutes on all sides until golden brown. Remove from the heat.
Add the onions and pork neck and heat over low heat for 3 hours, turning every hour or until very tender.
Pull the pork neck with 2 forks.
For the avocado sauce- combine the avocado, yoghurt, coriander, lime juice, garlic and Robertsons Fiery Mexican together in a food processor, process until smooth. Set aside.
For the salsa- combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
Serve the pulled pork in the taco shells together with the cabbage, radishes, tomato salsa and avocado sauce.