30 60 Serves 6
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 10ml Robertsons Cinnamon
- 10ml Robertsons Sage
- 45ml water
- 15ml margarine
- 125ml margarine
- 150ml white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 160ml milk
- 160ml cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- salt to taste
- 30ml margarine
- 125ml honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C .
- Place pumpkin into an oven-proof dish and sprinkle with water, Robertsons Cinnamon and Robertsons Sage.
- Dot with margarine and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- In a small saucepan melt the margarine and stir in the white sugar until the sugar is slightly dissolved.
- Stir in the beaten egg and milk to this mixture and then add the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and pour over the cooked pumpkin in the dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat the margarine and honey together in a small sauce pan and allow to simmer for two minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the pie and serve hot.