Spaghetti Bolognaise with Wilted Rocket
10 mins 45 mins Serves 4
- 750g beef mince
- 60ml oil
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Can of Tomatoes, chopped or diced
- 250ml boiling water
- 15ml tomato paste
- 10ml sugar
- 750g spaghetti
- Fresh Rocket, (Bunch)
- 15ml Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 30ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 30ml Robertsons Paprika
- 5ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- Brown the mince and onion together with the Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice and Robertsons Paprika in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and water and stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add the tomato paste and sugar. Simmer the sauce for about 40 minutes.
- If the sauce becomes too dry, add a little water. Stir in the Robertsons Mixed Herbs.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted, boiling water, with a little oil added to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Cook for about 12 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Drain the pasta and stir through the rocket and Robertsons Crushed Chillies.
- Serve immediately with the mince sauce.
- The trick when adding dried herbs to a saucepan is not to hold the bottle directly over the saucepan allowing steam to damage your herbs.
- Place the quantity you need in a spoon. Also add them near the end of the cooking process so you get the most advantage of their delicate flavours.